Do your recordings have the
PUNCH, POWER and POLISH
to stand out above the crowd?
Are you a songwriter, composer, or independent artist who does your own recording? Do you wish your recordings had that professional, "finished" sound that you hear on on commercial CDs and on the radio?
Let's face it: today's music world is extremely competitive! And your recordings aren't just competing with other indies like yourself; they’re competing with major labels, publishers and music libraries.
Things like a great song, a great performance — even a great recording and mix — simply aren't enough any more. There’s just SO MUCH incredible music out there.
So how can you give your recordings the extra edge they need to reach out and grab the listener's attention, rise above the fray, and compete in today’s music marketplace?
Often, the difference is mastering.
But what if you don't know how to master a recording, or even know what "mastering" is? Where do you even start?
It used to be that mastering was a secret, voodoo-like world at the top of the music production pyramid, the purvey of a privileged few. And back then, only major labels could afford to have their recordings mastered, by a professional "mastering engineer" at a "mastering house." If you were an indie or self-produced... well, your options were limited.
News flash: Times have changed!
Today, YOU can get that same top-quality "mastered" sound by doing it yourself... if you know how.
Yep, that's right. You can learn to master your own recordings — to "be your own mastering engineer" — and save yourself thousands of dollars in future mastering costs.
But keep in mind that there's good mastering and not-so-good mastering. You want to learn the good kind.
It's Not About Getting More Gear —
Or "Turning Everything Up To 11"
Good mastering is not as simple as going out and buying a bunch of new "mastering gear" and watching a few tutorial videos from the gear manufacturers.
And despite what you might have been told, truly effective mastering is definitely not about simply making the volume of all of your recordings as "loud" as possible.
And it's not about slapping a "mastering processor" plug-in on the stereo master of your mixing project in your DAW.
Good mastering is a LOT more than that.
Fortunately, YOU can learn to master well. In your own studio. On your own gear. And compete with "the majors."
What you need is a seasoned pro who can show you—step by step—exactly what you need to do to get that professional, competitive, "sweetened" sound and to give your final product the extra edge that it deserves.
What you need is my
Ninja Mastering Program!
So, What's A Fett?
For those of you who don't know me yet, let me introduce myself...
My name is Fett.
That's it. Just one name... Fett.
I'm a 30-plus-year veteran of the music industry. I'm a musician and songwriter, but mostly I'm an independent record producer and engineer. In that capacity, I've played a role in more than 50 albums and many hundreds of demos and single-song recordings in many different genres and for many different markets all over the world. I've worked with both major-label and indie artists. My recordings have been played on radio and been used in film and TV. So, that's how I've gained the bulk of my experience.
But there are two things that make me different from a lot of other producers and engineers...
First, for seven years I was the Technology Editor for the prestigious Performing Songwriter magazine. That role allowed me to get my hands on, try out, and write about every kind of music gear imaginable. I also was privileged to interview a lot of world-famous producers and engineers — including mastering engineers — and write feature articles about them and their craft.
Being a Technology Editor at a major music-industry magazine was where I learned that it's not about the technology; it's about how you apply the technology that ultimately makes the difference in the quality and emotional impact of music productions. And nowhere is that more true than with mastering.
I also had the good fortune of spending several years watching over the shoulder of one of Nashville's most renowned mastering engineers. I've picked up a lot of pro mastering secrets and insights along the way, and I've incorporated them into the projects that I produce for my own clients.
The other thing that makes me different from many other producers and engineers is that I'm also a professional teacher and an RHI-certified coach. Throughout my career, I've always made it a point to share my knowledge with others. I've helped both amateur and pro musicians, engineers and producers to set up and use their own studios and to record, mix and master their own projects. I've taught at the Nashville Songwriters Association (NSAI), Belmont University, SAE Institute, the TAXI Road Rally and SongU.com. I've developed my own online training programs about music production. I've written a popular book, called Fett's Mixing Roadmap. And I've coached a lot of private clients through all aspects of their music production careers.
One thing that my clients and students tell me over and over again is that I am able to explain music production and technology using straightforward, non-technical, non-geeky terms.
Don't get me wrong... I can get geeky if you want me to! But I can also explain things in plain English. So anyone can understand.
Ever Wanted To
Look Over A Pro's Shoulder?...
I believe that, when it comes to learning how to master well, seeing (and of course, hearing) is believing. That's why I've developed an in-depth, Internet-based program for those who are serious about taking sound and emotional impact of their finished recordings to the highest level.
In essence, you'll get to look over my shoulder as I walk you through my entire MPS Mastering Framework, showing you every step on the screen as it's happening.
In fact, here's just a partial list of what we'll be covering in this program...
- What mastering is and why it came about
- How mastering is different today than in the past, and why
- Why mastering is a separate process from mixing, and how they differ
- How to get the most out of the mastering tools that you already have (but might not know it)
- The “Why” of mastering, not just the “How”
- The Six Major Components of Mastering
- Step-by-step, on-screen, live instruction of the mastering process from start to finish
- Tips for preparing your mixes before mastering
- Mastering-specific software programs and plug-ins
- Detailed instruction in Steinberg’s powerful Wavelab mastering and digital editing software
- Detailed instruction on:
- Mastering-specific EQ (“tone shaping”)
- Mastering-specific compression and limiting (“leveling”)
- Mastering from stems vs. mastering from a stereo mix
- Audio restoration and repair
- Sequencing and spacing
- DC offset and phase checking/correction
- Stereo widening
- Finalization and encoding for multiple formats
- Resampling, upsampling and downsampling
- Normalization and dithering
- Special effects applied during mastering
So, How Does It Work?...
My Ninja Mastering Program is already in session,
and here's what you can expect...
- Four Weeks of Master-class Level Instruction. Ninja Mastering isn't a surface-level skim of the basics of mastering. It's a comprehensive, real-world, in-depth examination of every step of the mastering process, using the Six Major Components Of Mastering from my MPS Mastering Framework.
- Video Lessons Delivered Online. Each week's lessons will be delivered to you as video modules that you can access with any secure network connection. But you don't have to be available at a specific day or time to be "in class." Instead, you can watch each video on your own time and at your own pace.
- Hands-on, Hear-for-yourself Exercises. The best way to really learn something and make it stick is to do it yourself. So, each module also includes suggested exercises that relate to the module's material so you can try out the techniques for yourself and reinforce what you've just learned.
- Access ALL Materials for At Least One Year. Don't have time to keep up with all the videos right now? No worries. Even after the "live" portion of the course is over, you'll be able to access ALL of the materials for at least one year. Watch them as many times as you want.
- Sample Audio Files are Provided For You. To ensure that everyone is starting from the same place, I will provide all students with copies of the same full-resolution, stereo mix files. These mixes are from real-world projects, recorded for commercial purposes, in a variety of styles. So, you'll be able to focus on just mastering! After all, this is a program about mastering, not about recording or mixing. Of course, you are encouraged to apply all of the techniques you learn to your own mixes as well. But to participate in this program, it's not required.
- Get Personalized Attention on Live Q&A Calls. Through periodic, live, group Q&A calls, you'll have the chance to ask questions specific to you and your setup to make sure you understand the material and can apply it to your own situation. The group format means that you also get the benefit of hearing other class members' questions — and my answers to them as well. The calls are staggered at different times to accommodate people in different time zones. So, whether you're in Sydney, Dublin, Calgary or New York, you'll get a shot at participating in these live discussions.
- All Calls are Recorded. If for any reason you can't make a live group call, don't worry. Every call is recorded as a high-quality MP3 file and is available for streaming or download within 24 hours of the call. Heck, even if you make the call, you might want to listen to it again!
- Private Facebook Forum. You'll also be granted access to a private Facebook forum set up just for students of this program. This is a great place to share tips, ask questions, compare mixes and generally communicate with your peers.
Sign Up Now
and get $200 off...
Take advantage of the fact that the course is already in session... Join in now and get a big discount price of just $497.
That's $200 off of the regular price ($697).
ALL of the course materials that have been presented since the course started
will be available to you immediately upon signup.
So, please don't wait. Save yourself a lot of money and sign up NOW.
Yes! I want Ninja Mastering at a BIG discount!
See What Some of My
Previous Students & Clients Say...
Kudos to you for an amazingly great presentation and body of material...You are providing the best guidance on recording that anyone could receive, short of years of apprenticeship. I've very much enjoyed many of your personal "pointers" and "secrets" that you've gleaned over the years... Thanks!
I learned an incredible amount of knowledge not available anywhere else about mixing and mastering my own music. Thanks for your information about reverb and mixing. I used it in a mix today and loved the results.
Can't tell you how much I enjoyed your seminars and book. I learned enough in the recording class alone to make the entire trip [to the convention] worthwhile. In fact, I took some of the knowledge, went to my room, remixed a track through my laptop speakers and improved the quality considerably!
I really enjoyed hearing your work and learning techniques for being a better engineer. Your perspective and methods are very useful when thinking about not just mixing and engineering, but how to go about writing and arranging my songs to make for a better end product.
Your classes on recording and mixing were amazing. I walked out pleased with how much I already knew, shocked at how much I had just learned, and motivated to run home and get started! [Your suggestions] helped immensely! The enthusiasm, professionalism and down-to-earth friendliness you brought to the classroom was inspiring.
I bought and read your book, and gotta say, this is one of the best books on Mixing I've ever read. I swallowed it in two days (and I am not an aggressive reader). All information given is straight to the point, no BS. Everything just makes sense. Love the comedic spin on things. What I loved the most about the book is that whenever different questions popped up in my head as I was reading, in most cases you answered them in the next paragraph. That was totally awesome.
If You're Unsure and/or Thinking of Waiting, Please Read This...
My previous clients and students have been asking me to teach this program for quite a while now.
Well, because of that, I offered it to them first. And you know what?... a BUNCH of them signed up already!
As I'm putting together this page, I've already got NINE people signed up for this program! (And a couple more who've said they're going to sign up...) That's awesome! And I'm totally psyched about it.
But here's why it's important to YOU...
I can only handle so many people in a class. If it gets too big, I won't be able to give you the attention that each of you deserves. So, even though I know you hear this all the time, I MEAN it when I say "seating is limited" for this program!
This is one of those times when you don't want to wait until the last minute. If you do, I can't guarantee that there will still be space available if you try to sign up later. That's not a scare tactic. That's reality!
Yes! I want to reserve my seat!
You Get All Of This...
so you can watch when it's convenient for you
Live Q&A Calls
so you can ask questions about your specific setup
Mix Files Provided
so you can focus on learning mastering
so you can try out the techniques you are learning
Access For 1 Year
to all of the videos, recordings, and files
Private Facebook Forum
so you can compare notes & mixes with other students
...for a super low early bird rate.
But, if you're still not sure my Ninja Mastering Program is right for you,
perhaps this will help...
100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
I offer a 100% money-back guarantee within the first 14 days of the program! That's right: you get a full two weeks - or HALF of the program - to try it out, and if you're not completely satisfied for any reason, I'll give you a full refund. You've got nothing to lose!
So, Let Me Ask You This...
How much did you spend on your last guitar? Or keyboard? Or drum set?
How much did you spend on your latest DAW upgrade? Or the newest batch of plug-ins? Or that totally awesome, just-had-to-have-it audio interface?
I get it. They're fun. And it's exciting to have new stuff to play with.
But none of these things will get you where you want to go in your music career unless YOU know how to USE them.
Do something different in 2016. Invest in YOURSELF and let the world hear what you're REALLY capable of!
Yes, 2016 is My Year for Music...
and I Want to Sign Up for Ninja Mastering!
I look forward to helping you make awesome masters!
P.S.: I've worked with songwriters, artists, producers, engineers, and composers at ALL levels. You can DO this. And I will help you. Taking your productions to a new, higher level will immediately make a difference in your music and will help you make the impact that your music deserves.
P.P.S.: When you get to the end of 2016, will you have made a difference with your music? Will you have reaped the rewards of investing in your growth? And will you have new masters, new placements, new publishing, new libraries or more money to show for it? Or will you be exactly where you are right now?
Start the new year by taking one bold action toward your musical dreams... Sign up for Ninja Mastering!
Remember: Life Without Music Would Be A Mistake!